This 6-minute Podcast covers how Father’s Day is a great opportunity for churches to grow the number of men involved in the church. It goes over the communications available to you that will both help churches and enable you to build an ongoing relationship with your church clients that will result in sales of machines and supplies.
Show Notes—Content and Links from the Podcast
Make the Most of Father’s Day Communications
• Welcome to the Sell to Churches Podcast
• I’m Yvon Prehn and this podcast will help you be more effective in selling RISO Printing equipment to churches
• This is Episode #2 How to make the most of Father’s Day Communications
• Let’s get started….
• Father’s Day is often not seen as a big deal holiday in the life of the church
• Certainly not as big as Mother’s Day or the major holidays such as Christmas and Easter
• However, if approached creatively, Father’s Day can have a significant impact on the growth of men’s involvement in the church, something all churches want
• And your communications can help do that
2 Ways you can help your churches make the most of Father’s Day
• Way #1 Quick and easy, last minute idea…..
• On the STC website are samples of Father’s Day Connection Cards along with a Tips and Sales Track sheet that goes with them
• These are cards that churches can give out during the church service, they are then filled out and turned in so the church has a record of the men who attended.
• In addition, they have information on what programs in the church men might be interested in (whatever the church puts on the card)
• Also this gives the church a way to follow up after Father’s Day—postcards or emails about men’s programs
What makes these a great piece for RISOs
• Connection Cards work best printed on uncoated card stock
• Which is a perfect medium for both digital duplicators and ComColor machines
• Connection Cards do not have to have high quality graphics
• The ink-based printing on the uncoated stock enables people to write on shaded images on the cards
• ***This is just one card for one special event—I’ll be sharing lots more cards with you over the course of the year, but in addition to special events, this is something churches need to produce every week.
• A Digital duplicator that can produce them in minutes for very low cost is a great work-horse machine for communications like this
Idea #2 more print options if you have more time
• In addition to the quick and easy Connection Card, the Effective Church Communications website has a number of additional resources for Father’s day including 2 Bulletin inserts that you could print off as they are and then a church could personalize them on the back with a listing of men’s ministries at that church
• This insert on Father’s has been very popular—read it—again, this is on the http://www.effectivechurchcom.com website
• If you have time or want to pass on more to your church clients here are some additional resources available to you on the www.effectivechurchcom.com website
• The links to them will be available in the show notes
• Remember you have permission to copy and use anything on the site with your church clients
• Resources available include: (CLICK HERE TO GO TO ALL OF THEM)
• Articles on—
• Make STRATEGIC use of Father’s Day to grow your church
• 5 things that don’t work and 5 that do to start a Men’s Ministry at Father’s Day or anytime
• Plus additional communications and tips for Fathers Day
• Finally whether you pass on one card, a packet of materials or one article to your church clients, use Father’s Day as an opportunity to make a connection with your churches!
• Finally, Remember, this podcast and these resources are part of a long term process to develop you as a trusted resource for churches that will result in you successfully selling to churches.
• Listen every week to grow in your knowledge resources and skills.
• Links to specific related resources on both sites will be in the Show Notes on the same page as this podcast
• Be sure to sign up for the newsletters (CLICK HERE to do that for Church Sales Tips) on both sites so you’ll get immediate notification of new resources when they are posted.
• Until next time, this is Yvon Prehn your church lady, wishing you enthusiasm, perseverance, and success in selling to the church market!